Zipp Rear 404 Disc Brake Clincher Rear
ZIPP WHEEL 404 FC TUBELESS DB CCL REAR SRAM¬†
Zipp‚Äôs 404 Firecrest Tubeless Disc brake is a pro-proven Speed Weapon for any situation. The 404‚Äôs heritage as Zipp‚Äôs icon of speed extends back decades, and its future is even brighter. At 58mm deep, the 404 Firecrest Tubeless is ideal for road races, time trial and triathlon, gran fondos, and riding over varied terrain.¬†
The wheelset‚Äôs 23mm internal width is perfect for running wider tubeless tyres at reduced air pressure. That is a vital component of Total System Efficiency‚Ñ¢, or TSE‚Ñ¢, an approach to speed on ever-changing roads and riding conditions. Specifically, TSE‚Ñ¢ focuses on overcoming specific barriers to speed: wind resistance, gravity, rolling resistance, and vibration losses.¬†
Zipp‚Äôs ABLC‚Ñ¢ Sawtooth‚Ñ¢ Technology uses an intricate dimpling pattern to improve aero efficiency. Zipp‚Äôs use of hookless (straight side) rims in the 404 Firecrest is integral to Making You Faster. With hookless, the transition between the tire and the rim is more seamless and aero. Zipp‚Äôs hookless rims have more efficient resin distribution, which means lighter, stronger wheels. At the center of the 404 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake is a versatile and durable new hubset, the German-engineered ZR1 DB. If you had to choose just one wheel for road riding and racing, the 404 Firecrest Tubeless Disc brake is a savvy and speedy choice.
- Versatile aero wheelset for the modern road bike with tubeless and hookless rim profile.
- Optimized tyre bed for easy tyre installation.
- Wide 23mm rim profile creates a better tyre interface to be fast on or off the road.
- New ZR1 DB hub is engineered in Germany with better seal design for improved durability and quicker response with 66 points of engagement.
- Ships with 12mm front and rear end caps.
- Center locking rotor interface - lockring is included with the wheels.
- XDR‚Ñ¢ or SRAM/Shimano driver bodies - Campagnolo driver body sold separately.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Size (wheels) - 700c
- Rim construction - Carbon ‚Äì Hookless
- Tyre compatibility - Tubeless tyres only
- Brake compatibility - Disc (Center Lock)
- Rim (inside width) - 23mm
- Rim profile - Symmetrical
- Rim finish - UD fiber / adhesive decals
- Nipple material - Aluminium
- Spoke type - CX-Ray - Black
- Spoke count - 24
- Spoke pattern - 2 Cross
- Driver body type - SRAM XDR
- Road Axle type (Wheels) - TA 12x142
- Bearings - Cartridge Steel
- Driver Mechanism - 6 Pawls Leaf Spring / 66 POE
- Spoke Length - DS 248mm / 254mm
- Spoke Length - NDS 252mm
- Max outside width - 28mm
- Weight Based On - Estimated lightest weight for wheelset configuration: 12mm through axles and XDR body. No tape or valve included in weight. Not yet final.
- Weight (grams)1450