Family Bushwalks in South East Queensland, Second Edition
What is it?
A colourful, detailed guidebook packed with hundreds of shorter, easier, more accessible family-friendly bushwalks throughout South East Queensland.
The First Edition sold out its print run of 2,500 copies during 2016, making the book a local bestseller. We are now supplying the Second Edition with an added Toowoomba chapter.
This book is an¬†ideal gift¬†for the outdoorsy person in your life!
How is this book different from the other bushwalking guides?
- It covers¬†every¬†qualifying bushwalk in the region
- It's bang¬†up to date
- It only covers easier, shorter bushwalks, no ropes required
- It only covers easily accessible bushwalks, you don't need a 4WD
- Every bushwalk is illustrated with a brand new detailed topographic map
- It has a family orientation - you don't need to be a serious hiker to enjoy it
- We walked (or cycled) every metre of these trails during our research
What area does it cover?
- North to Noosa and Kin Kin
- South to the border
- West to Toowoomba in the Second Edition
- East to North Stradbroke Island
Does the book have bushwalks near me?
The Second Edition has an added Toowoomba Region chapter and a couple of bushwalks added in the Somerset Region:
Who will enjoy the book?
- Families looking for adventure and exercise
- Bushwalkers looking for shorter, easier trails
- Birdwatchers, naturalists
- Trail runners (see our¬†Mountain Bike book¬†for longer trails)
- Schools, Scouts, Guides
What trails are in the book?
Our criteria for selecting bushwalks are:
- Well-formed trails, not bush-bashing routes
- Most are designed, built and maintained as recreational trails
- Not too steep, rugged or rough
- Not too long
- Reasonably accessible - 4WD or ferry generally not required